San Mateo is, in many ways, an idyllic setting conducive to all types of driving. Whether you’re commuting to work or taking a leisurely cruise, San Mateo can be a picturesque, stress-free driving environment. However, accidents do happen in densely-populated San Mateo County, and all too often offending drivers lack proper insurance.
Table of Contents
Certain areas of San Mateo may pose a higher-than-average risk for accidents.
These areas may:
- Be bottlenecks for traffic
- Attract high numbers of motorists
- Contain confusing intersections, unclear traffic signals, or other hazards
- Be hotspots of tourism or nightlife, both of which can contribute to accidents
Some areas of San Mateo known for accidents include stretches of El Camino Real in Menlo Park and Redwood City, California Drive in Burlingame, Willow Road in Menlo Park, and Bay Road in East Palo Alto. The fact is, though, that accidents can—and do—happen in virtually any segment of San Mateo.
Accidents involving uninsured motorists are especially complicated. Rather than giving you the traditional option of filing an insurance claim, an uninsured motorist has no insurance to cover your losses. You may need to rely on your insurance or sue the uninsured motorist. In either case, you should hire an attorney from Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP.
There are general reasons to hire a lawyer. There are also specific reasons to hire our firm.
Having a lawyer after an accident with an uninsured motorist may:
- Allow you to focus on recovery from injuries
- Protect your rights
- Ensure that you face no additional stress, which an insurance claim or lawsuit can certainly cause
When you hire a lawyer, you gain all that a law firm offers. Our firm will hire experts who can help with your case. We offer a team of paralegals, attorneys, and investigators. Together, we’ll put forth the strongest case that we possibly can.
When you choose to hire an attorney, you shouldn’t be afraid to ask: what has this firm accomplished? We offer a record of tangible results for our clients.
Our injury attorneys serving San Mateo have:
- Obtained a $4.5 million settlement after the insurance company initially offered only $300,000
- Obtained a $3.7 million recovery for a client even though they were deemed partially at fault for their accident
- Obtained a $1 million verdict for a client after the insurance company offered only $20,000
These kinds of results should matter when you choose an attorney. These are all results that we’ve achieved for clients in San Mateo County. We know the legal system in your city, and we have the results to prove it.
Winning for clients is one part of our mission. We believe, though, that it’s critical to make the client feel valued. A judgment or settlement alone isn’t enough. We aim to satisfy our clients in every aspect of our representation.
According to our client testimonials, we live up to our mission:
- “We appreciate all of your earnest efforts and professionalism shown in settling this case. You helped us bring this matter to a quick and satisfactory conclusion. Thank you all again.” – JK & BM, former clients
- “I just wanted to say how grateful I am for all the work you have done for me. I am also extremely happy with the decisions you advised me to make and with the results of those decisions. I’m glad I trusted you.” – KG, former client
- “Thank you so much for all of your legal help on my case. I’ve really enjoyed working with you and your professional team. I also appreciate your efforts in reaching a settlement on my behalf. I will definitely refer my clients and friends to your firm if they are in need of legal representation in the future.” – AC, former client
If you need a lawyer for an uninsured motorist accident case in San Mateo, our attorneys are ready to assist you.
If you were struck by an uninsured motorist in San Mateo, there is no doubt that they’re in the wrong. The motorist’s lack of insurance is even more problematic if they caused your accident.
California is an “at-fault” state. This means that the motorist who causes the accident is liable for damages. California requires every motorist to carry a minimum amount of auto insurance. When a motorist chooses not to maintain such insurance, they’re still liable for damages.
If you elected to purchase uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, then your insurance may cover your losses. If you didn’t purchase such coverage, or your coverage limits don’t account for all of your losses, then you may sue the at-fault driver.
Not only will we explain your options, but we will seek the recovery that you deserve. Whether you file a claim with your own insurer or you pursue a lawsuit against the at-fault driver, we’ll lead the process.
Our duties may include:
- Conducting a comprehensive investigation
- Gathering and preserving all relevant evidence
- Advising you on whether to file a claim or lawsuit
- Obtaining witness accounts
- Identifying and valuing your damages
- Leading settlement talks
- Representing you at trial if necessary
Uninsured motorists in San Mateo show a blatant disregard for others. If you’ve suffered because of an uninsured motorist’s actions, we’ll seek an appropriate recovery.
Our firm serves victims in the Bay Area, including San Mateo. It’s our goal to obtain justice for victims of negligence. If an uninsured motorist caused your collision, they must pay for their negligent actions.
“The team at GFF&F go the extra mile to take care of their clients. They are professional, compassionate, and diligent. I’ve had the opportunity to work with almost every member of their team and I continue to be impressed by their warmth and their tenacity. They truly are the experts in their space… they possess decades of experience, unwavering work ethic, and an unparalleled professionalism that stands apart in their field.” – Kate O.
Read more of our Google Reviews!