Car accidents are a common occurrence on California roads and everywhere else in the United States. If you are in the unfortunate position of being a victim of one of these accidents, then you know all too well the devastation that comes along if the accident injured you or a loved one.
Car accidents happen every day, in fact with increasing regularity because of the traffic congestion not only in San Mateo, but through out the entire San Francisco Bay Area. When it happens to you, there is nothing ordinary about it. It is essential that you contact a San Mateo car accident attorney that will fight for your rights and get you the settlement you deserve. Call (650) 345-8484 or contact us online.
Assistance With Your Car Accident Case
If you suffered serious or lasting injury or a family member was killed in a car crash, the San Mateo law firm of Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos offers the strong advocacy you need. We act fast and work diligently to maximize the compensation you receive through an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Contact our car accident attorneys in San Mateo immediately for a free initial consultation. Our car crash lawyers have recovered millions of dollars for clients in every type of car crash — intersection collisions, freeway pileups, rollovers and accidents caused by negligent drivers. Our attorneys not only help victims that have been in regular street and roadway accidents, but we also help victims that were in a car accident on any major highway, freeway, or bridge such as:
- 101 – North & South (Bay Shore Freeway)
- 280 – North & South (Junipero Serra Freeway)
- 82 – El Camino Real North & South
- 80 – East & West
- Including the Bay Bridge
- 92 – East & West
- Including San Mateo Bridge Car Accidents
- 84 – East & West
- Including Dumbarton Bridge Car Accidents
- 880 – North & South (Nimitz Freeway)
- 24 – East & West (Grove Shafter Freeway)
- Including the Caldecott Tunnel
- The MacArthur Maze
- 580, 85, 237 and more
Why You Need a San Mateo Car Accident Lawyer
Indeed, according to research by the National Highway Traffic and Safety Authority (NHTSA), about 1.9 million were in injury-related car accidents in one recent year.
An accident can result in serious injuries that affect how you live for the rest of your life, and some crashes even result in life-threatening or fatal injuries. When any of this happens, you need an experienced car accident lawyer to analyze your circumstances and offer legal advice on how best to proceed to obtain the fullest compensation you can obtain from your injuries.
An experienced attorney can collect evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and get you ready for trial if necessary. Even before all that, an experienced lawyer can help you determine whether you have a case for which you may recover damages.
To file a case to pursue compensation for injuries and losses in California, you must establish:
- The accident happened because of someone else who was negligent. California follows the legal doctrine of pure comparative negligence, which means that if you suffer injuries in an accident, you can get compensation up to the percentage level the person you are suing was at fault.
- The accident resulted in you suffering physical injuries, as well as financial damages stemming from your injuries.
This is a factual and legal determination best made by a lawyer who can also help you present those findings to the insurance company to settle your case or at trial if you do not settle.
How Much Compensation Can I Get for My Car Accident Injury?
This is a common question and often the first one that many accident victims ask a lawyer. We, however, cannot easily answer without knowing more about the facts and circumstances of your case. However, regardless of how serious your injuries were from an accident, a good auto accident attorney will be able to obtain the compensation you deserve for both economic and non-economic damages.
To determine how much your case is worth, you must fully consider
- The facts and circumstances surrounding the accident, including whether speeding was a factor, whether liable parties violated any laws, and what the police noted in their reports, if they created one at the accident scene.
- Whether liability is obvious or not. If the person you are suing was clearly at fault (for example, they sped through a red traffic signal), then establishing liability and determining your compensation is usually easy.
- The extent and severity of your injuries and any damage to your vehicle. For this, you will need a diagnosis from a medical professional. We can use the records of your injury and treatment to show the seriousness of your injuries.
- How much you have spent on treatment, car repairs, and lost income.
All these are factors that will impact the value of your case. Once you have all this information and documents, a good lawyer can use it to negotiate a higher settlement than you could get on your own.
What You Should Expect in the Legal Process after a San Mateo Car Accident
How long a car accident case takes to settle directly with an insurer or resolve at trial in civil court depends on many factors, such as the circumstances surrounding the accident, the totality of evidence readily available, and whether the at-fault party is admitting liability. It is difficult to tell or even estimate how long a case will take unless we have those important facts.
When you call us for a free consultation, we will review the circumstances of your accident and tell you whether your case has merit. We can discuss whether your claim might settle very quickly or if it will take much longer because of the complexity of the legal and factual issues in the case.
In general, the biggest factors that will influence how long a case takes to reach a settlement or go to trial are:
- Factual or legal issues directly related to the case.
- If your attorney believes that your claim is worth a large amount of money and the insurance companies hesitate to settle and keep delaying to see if you accept a low offer, which may take a long time.
- If you are still undergoing treatment or you have not fully recovered or will never fully recover. You must know what treatments you might need as well as the long-term effects of the injuries.
Our experienced lawyers can work closely with you to thoroughly assess these factors, ensure that we fully prepare to address all issues that may arise during the negotiations or trial, and obtain the most compensation for you.
Car Accident Settlements
The insurance companies do not have your best interests in mind. The adjusters will seek statements that pin the blame on you or press for a quick settlement that may not cover your needs. In fact, the higher your damages, the more an insurer will resist a fair settlement.
You need an attorney who will fight for full compensation for your medical expenses, lost income and personal losses. The San Mateo personal injury attorneys at Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos have over 75 years of combined experience in settlement negotiations and personal injury trials. Our car crash lawyers have handled cases of major injuries requiring lifelong care and we deal with complex insurance issues such as an uninsured or underinsured driver who hit you.
Our car crash lawyers get our investigators quickly to the crash site, including car accident reconstruction specialists in severe collisions. Prompt action to preserve evidence is a major factor in our record of success. It also helps our auto accident attorneys determine if there are other liable parties — manufacturers of defective auto parts or those responsible for dangerous road conditions.