Free Consultation: (650) 345-8484 Tap Here to Call Us

A Law Firm You Can Trust.

Contact Us for a Free Consultation

A Law Firm You Can Trust.

Uninsured Motorist Accidents in San Mateo

If you cause an accident, your liability insurance covers the other person’s losses. But what happens if the other driver was at fault but doesn’t have enough insurance to cover your serious injury?

This is a common problem and we have decades of experience in this area of personal injury law. If you were hit by an uninsured or underinsured driver in the San Francisco Bay Area, contact us online or call (650) 345-8484.

Accidents with an Uninsured Driver

By law, every California driver must have liability coverage to pay for bodily injury to others in an accident. But the person who ran into you may carry only the minimum insurance policy ($15,000 per person and a maximum of $30,000 per accident). Your medical bills and lost wages can easily exceed this amount. And despite the law, there are thousands and thousands of people driving around with no auto insurance at all.

Uninsured Motorist Coverage

On your own auto insurance policy, you have uninsured motorist/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage. This kicks in if:

  • The other driver has no insurance
  • Your losses exceed the other driver’s coverage limits
  • The other driver fled scene (hit and run)

The limits of your UM/UIM policy may determine whether you are fully compensated for a car accident. We commonly represent people who have $1 million in coverage for the other guy, but the lowest limits on their own UM/UIM coverage. We advise all our clients on the appropriate amount of insurance to carry, so that you are fully protected whether you hit someone or someone hits you.

Fighting for Your Rightful Compensation

On your own, you may run into a dead end with your insurance adjuster. Many insurers will deny your UM/UIM claim, countering that the accident was your fault, or that your injuries are not as severe as you say.

If you are represented by our experienced uninsured driver accident lawyers, it is in the insurance company’s best interests to offer a fair settlement. First of all, they know that Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos can and does go to trial. Secondly, we commonly take these cases to arbitration rather than a jury. If the arbitrator’s decision is substantially more than your insurance company offered, you can sue for punitive damages for bad faith denial.

Call us at (650) 345-8484 or contact us online to arrange a free consultation and evaluation of your uninsured/underinsured motorist policy and your injury claim.

Client Reviews

    I retained Ilya Frangos of Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos on a business litigation matter involving a frivolous lawsuit filed in federal court. Ilya guided me through the case and helped make sure that I understood the process… He always took the time to answer all my questions and helped put my mind at ease. I would highly recommend him and this firm!


    I called Mr Frye after my wife had passed away… John listened to my case over the phone, after aggreeing to represent me, handled everything from there… I have already recommended Mr Frye to a friend for help with a similiar case and would without reserve recommend him to anybody. He came highly recommended as an expert in these type cases, and I believe he demonstrated this personally.


    Chantel Fitting is as good as it gets. If you have been injured, need help and cant get what you know you deserve from one of the big insurance companies, then you have got to call Chantel. She will fight for you like it was her that was hurt… She cares. Call her. You wont be sorry you did.

    Cindy C.

    A great experience. Excellent law firm which treats their client’s with the utmost respect. Very knowledgeable and made me fell extremely secure when handling my personal injury claim. Would highly recommend Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos to handle your next case.

    Lisa D.

    I was fortunate enough to have been represented and retained by this law firm for my injuries sustained by an under insured motorist. I must say Chantel Fitting and Illya Frangos went above and beyond trying to resolve my case… I would highly recommend this law firm and stop shopping around if you are looking for the best, as this is as good as it gets.

    Joanna K.

Submit a Law Firm Client Review