San Jose has many buildings, sidewalks, living complexes, homes, and other areas where you can suffer injuries. So long as the owners of these properties take care to remove hazards and protect visitors, all is well. However, those who tolerate dangerous properties expose visitors to falls and other accidents.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries because of a dangerous property, the San Jose premises liability lawyer at Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos will fight for the compensation you deserve. The Bay Area is our headquarters, and we can start your case today.
- Hire a Law Firm That Understands Complicated San Jose Premises Liability Law
- Why Premises Liability Clients in San Jose Choose Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos to Lead Their Cases
- What Damages Can Your San Jose Premises Liability Case Recover?
- What Damages Should I Pursue Compensation for If My Loved One Passed Away from Their Injuries?
- How Will a Premises Liability Lawyer from Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos Pursue My Financial Recovery?
- Premises Liability Cases Our Firm Handles in San Jose
- Call Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos Today for Your Free Consultation
Hire a Law Firm That Understands Complicated San Jose Premises Liability Law
Premises liability cases involve a simple question: Did a property owner allow a dangerous environment that led to your injuries?
Premises liability cases involve several complex legal concepts:
- Invitee: This is the status of someone who has, without a doubt, a legal right to be on a property. Examples of invitees include prospective customers in a public business, shoppers in a store, and residents in an apartment complex.
- Negligence: Negligence happens when someone (such as a property owner) does not act as a “reasonable” person should in the same circumstance. Negligence is the basis for liability in a San Jose premises liability case.
- Licensee: This is another status that may pertain to a premises liability case.
- Duty of care: A duty of care is a property owner’s responsibility to act reasonably. Reasonable action includes identifying and removing hazards that can cause someone harm.
- Trespassing: Most know that the term trespassing refers to illegal entry on a property. A liable party might claim that you were trespassing during your accident. We are ready to counter such arguments.
This is only a brief sampling of legal concepts that may arise during a premises liability case. We don’t want to intimidate you but want to show that a premises liability case can involve terminology and concepts that non-lawyers are usually unfamiliar with.
The attorneys at Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos routinely handle premises liability cases for clients in San Jose. We know the law, and we know how it applies to individual cases like yours. Let our experienced, dedicated roster of attorneys fight for you.
Why Premises Liability Clients in San Jose Choose Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos to Lead Their Cases
Choosing a law firm requires careful thought. If you hire the wrong firm, you might find that the attorneys show you little attention and don’t ultimately fight for your best interests. With Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, you’ll have no doubt that you hired the right legal team for your case.
Clients choose our premises liability team to represent them in San Jose because:
- We have decades of legal experience: In total, our lawyers have more than 75 years of experience fighting for victims of negligence. Much of that experience comes in California, meaning we’re hyper-familiar with civil courts in San Jose.
- Premises liability is a primary focus of Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos: Our attorneys have successfully completed many premises liability cases. Because each practice area has unique considerations, our record of handling premises liability cases should reassure you.
- We have a deep, skillful roster of legal professionals: We’ll assign you the attorney who we believe is most qualified to lead your case. You’ll also have the support of paralegals, investigators, and other legal professionals familiar with the San Jose area.
- We make your satisfaction our priority: Every client is a unique person with distinct needs and requests. We will cater our legal services to you. We encourage each client to contact us with requests, questions, and concerns so we can deliver the best possible legal experience.
- We act quickly to get justice for premises liability victims in San Jose: There is no excuse for delay regarding premises liability cases. You need the money you deserve as soon as possible. Our team is ready to start your case right now; we’re just waiting to hear from you.
Our offices are conveniently located in the Bay Area, allowing us to provide in-person representation to clients in San Jose.
Case Results Don’t Lie, and Ours Indicate a Firm That Pulls No Punches
You shouldn’t hire anyone, including a lawyer, without seeing their credentials. Our case results prove our firm’s effectiveness at trial and in negotiating rooms.
Our notable financial recoveries include:
- A $4.5 million for a client who received an initial offer of just $300,000 from the insurance company
- A $3.7 million settlement for a client who a police officer claimed was 100 percent at fault for their accident
- A nearly $1 million recovery for a client who initially received an offer of just $20,000 from the insurance company
Too often, victims of negligence in San Jose assume that the insurance company’s first settlement offer is final. Some also believe that there is no obvious path to compensation, so there is no reason to pursue a possible lawsuit or claim.
With Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos on your side, anything is possible. Our attorneys fight from start to finish to get premises liability clients the money they deserve—we’ll do the same for you.
What Damages Can Your San Jose Premises Liability Case Recover?
The type of accident you suffered, the nature of your injuries, and specific symptoms will be relevant when determining your damages. Each premises liability client has different damages, so our attorneys take a thorough approach to identify all recoverable damages.
Recoverable damages we have seen in premises liability cases include:
Someone who suffers injuries on dangerous premises may need:
- Ambulance or medevac transport from the accident scene
- Emergency department care
- Medical imaging
- Various appointments with medical professionals
- Other medical services
You may also need medical equipment during recovery or for a long-term injury or disability. The cost of disabling injuries is, for most, beyond their medical budget. Our attorneys will demand that liable parties cover all medical costs associated with dangerous premises in San Jose.
Pain and Suffering
Injuries often cause physical pain, and that’s considered a form of pain and suffering.
However, pain and suffering also covers a wide array of emotional and psychological symptoms, including:
- Emotional anguish
- Psychological distress
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Diminished quality of life
- Personality or mood changes
Though these are non-economic damages, our experienced attorneys will determine their monetary cost. We’ll include the cost of your pain and suffering in your premises liability lawsuit.
Lost Income, Earning Power, and Benefits
Injuries have a financial cost, and much of that cost can result from work losses.
Professional damages we see in San Jose premises liability cases include:
- Lost income
- Diminished earning power
- Missed performance bonuses
- Loss of progress toward promotions and pay raises
- Loss of professional benefits (such as health coverage and employer-matched retirement contributions)
An injured person may also lose any fulfillment or purpose from their work.
If injuries from a dangerous property cause significant injury, you may need a full- or part-time caregiver to assist with daily tasks. We will assess your damages and calculate the cost of any current or future caregiver services you need.
Falls can have catastrophic health outcomes for premises liability victims, particularly if the person who falls is older or in frail health. The truth is, any premises liability accident has the potential to upend the victim’s life.
Our attorneys work with medical professionals to fully understand our client’s injuries and calculate their damages.
What Damages Should I Pursue Compensation for If My Loved One Passed Away from Their Injuries?
The team at Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos offers our heartfelt condolences if you have lost a loved one. Fatal premises liability accidents happen far more often than they should, and our firm prides itself on providing valuable legal services to surviving victims of wrongful deaths.
We will identify the full weight of your loved one’s passing, which may include:
- Loss of a spouse’s companionship
- Loss of a parent’s guidance
- Loss of the joy a child brings to parents and other loved ones
- Funeral expenses
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering (of both the decedent and surviving loved ones)
- Loss of the decedent’s income and financial support
- Loss of the decedent’s contributions to their household
Pain and suffering is a particularly important damage in wrongful death cases. Juries and attorneys understand that the pain of losing a loved one is unrivaled and work to compensate plaintiffs for the immense pain they’ve experienced.
How Will a Premises Liability Lawyer from Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos Pursue My Financial Recovery?
Our firm’s priority is improving our clients’ lives. We often encounter clients facing great financial pressure, professional uncertainty, and personal hardship because someone else put them in harm’s way. We will fight for a financial recovery that will relieve some, if not all, of the challenges you’re facing.
Our responsibilities to premises liability clients in San Jose include:
You may face threats to your case that you aren’t even aware of.
Insurance companies, defendants, and civil defense attorneys may:
- Trick you into admitting fault for your premises liability accident
- Convince you to accept a cheap settlement offer
- Violate your rights and potential financial recovery in other ways
From the moment you hire Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, your rights are safe. If you’re entitled to a financial recovery, no hostile parties can compromise that recovery.
Finding Evidence of the Property Owner’s Negligence
Our attorneys will document the circumstances that led to your injury. Time and circumstances warranting, we may even visit the location in San Jose where you suffered the injuries.
We may secure useful evidence, including:
- Video footage of the accident that caused your injuries
- Expert testimony about a property owner’s failures
- Witness testimony about how you became injured
- Any relevant police report or incident reports
- A digital or physical reconstruction of your accident
- Photographs of the accident scene
Our lawyers immediately seek evidence, as waiting can allow the loss or destruction of crucial pieces of your case.
Documenting Your Damages
We will make blatantly clear how a property owner’s negligence has caused you harm.
Our lawyers in San Jose may document your damages with:
- Images of your injuries
- Medical bills and records
- Proof of lost income
- Mental health experts’ testimony about your pain and suffering
- Invoices for medical equipment, temporary transportation services, and any other expenses related to your injuries
This documentation may stifle insurers’ or civil defense attorneys’ attempts to underpay you.
Leading Settlement Negotiations
Our experienced attorneys thrive during settlement negotiations. We will enter negotiations knowing exactly how much money you deserve, why you deserve it, and why liable parties must pay that amount.
Completing Any Necessary Trial
If your case requires a trial, the attorneys at Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos are ready to fight in court. We approach every case as if it will go to trial, so we’re ready when the need for a court case arises.
Premises Liability Cases Our Firm Handles in San Jose
If you suffered injuries on a dangerous premises in San Jose, hire Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos.
Our attorneys have successfully handled a wide range of premises liability cases, including:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Trip and fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Construction zone accidents
- Assaults allowed by negligence security
- Accidents caused by collapsing structures
- Amusement park accidents
We cannot list all the ways that dangerous premises can harm visitors, residents, and even trespassers. Let our experienced lawyers review your case and fight for any money you deserve.
Call Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos Today for Your Free Consultation
Focus on your health. Let a Personal injury attorney in California, Frye, Fitting & Frangos fight for your financial recovery in San Jose. We charge no upfront fee and only get a percentage of your recovery if we win your case.
Call Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos today to complete your free consultation.
GALINE, FRYE, FITTING & FRANGOS, LLP - SAN MATEO OFFICE
Thank you so much for all of your legal help on my case. I’ve really enjoyed working with you and your professional team including Lisa and Mavis. I also appreciate your efforts in reaching a settlement on my behalf. I will definitely refer my clients and friends to your firm they are in need of legal representation in the future. Regards.- ADRIAN C.