Few injuries can devastate your life like a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Brain function is essential to everything we do, so a TBI can cause physical and cognitive symptoms. These symptoms can result in great financial harm.
A San Jose traumatic brain injury lawyer from Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP will fight for a financial recovery that compensates you for injury-related damages. From medical bills to lost quality of life, we’ll work to ensure you get all the reimbursement you deserve.
- Why Those With Brain Injuries in San Jose Choose Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP
- Types of Traumatic Brain Injury Cases Our Attorneys in San Jose Handle
- Damages Caused by a Traumatic Brain Injury in San Jose
- LEGAL SERVICES OUR TEAM WILL PROVIDE FOR YOUR BRAIN INJURY CASE IN SAN JOSE
- What If I Choose Not to Hire a Lawyer for a Brain Injury Case?
- Call Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP Today for a Free Consultation
- Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP
Why Those With Brain Injuries in San Jose Choose Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP
The attorneys at Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP have:
- 75 years of combined legal experience: Your San Jose traumatic brain injury case won’t be the first we’ve handled far from it. In more than 75 years of practicing law, our attorneys serving San Jose have fought and won for many clients affected by serious injuries like yours. We are ready for your case.
- An intimate familiarity with San Jose: Our main office in San Mateo allows us to provide in-person representation to clients in San Jose. Our attorneys and investigators will travel to you, visit any relevant locations, and complete your case in a personalized manner. Our familiarity with San Jose and its civil justice system is a key benefit of hiring our firm.
- A passion for the law: We rely on our legal training and knowledge to help our clients. Our team is passionate about personal injury law and brain injury cases in particular. We love to get justice for injured parties, and it shows in the quality of our representation.
- A dedication to our clients: We do not have a practice without our clients. We will never forget this, and you will be the priority throughout your case.
- A firm commitment to excellent legal representation: We have seen law firms that do it right and those that don’t. We strive to deliver excellent legal service in every brain injury case we handle. This will be our goal in your case, too.
You can review our firm’s client testimonials, which leave no doubt about our firm’s dedication to our clients.
What to Expect as a Client of Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP
You should have high expectations for our firm, as we hold ourselves to a high standard.
As our client, you will:
- Always reach your attorney: You will have their number, and we encourage you to contact them with any questions about your case. If they are in a meeting, they will return your call as soon as possible.
- Have the primary voice in your case’s direction: While our firm will advise you on the strategy and decision-making in your case, it is your case. When there is an important decision, you will have the primary decision-making power while we provide skilled advice.
- Receive the full financial backing of Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP: Our team will hire experts in the brain injury field, pay for case-related expenses, and cover any other resources that will improve your case. You pay no upfront fees or expenses.
- Make your recovery the priority: Our team serving San Jose will complete every step of your case. In doing so, we’ll allow you to focus on rest, treatment, and recovery.
Brain injuries are unusually sensitive injuries. You should always protect yourself from stress, overstimulation, and other conditions that can compromise your recovery. Brain injury claims and lawsuits require significant work, and it may be wise for you to leave that work to us.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injury Cases Our Attorneys in San Jose Handle
Traumatic brain injuries result from a wide array of circumstances.
You can suffer a blow to the head or rapid motion that causes a brain injury during:
- A motor vehicle accident on Highway 87
- A construction accident or work zone crash
- Falls from high places
- A pedestrian accident at a dangerous intersection, such as McLaughlin Avenue and Story Road
- An animal attack at one of San Jose’s many dog parks
- A boating accident in the Bay or on Lake Cunningham
These are only a few circumstances that can lead to a brain injury. If you have a brain injury or are representing a loved one with a brain injury, we want to hear your story.
Damages Caused by a Traumatic Brain Injury in San Jose
The symptoms of a significant brain injury may affect you indefinitely.
Some notable symptoms include:
- Light sensitivity
- Personality changes
- Mood changes
- Convulsions and seizures
- Memory problems
- Speech problems
It is clear to see how these symptoms can significantly disrupt your life. Our team serving San Jose will review your symptoms alongside our medical experts. We will place your damages into specific categories, which will likely include:
No matter what type of work you do, the symptoms of a brain injury will be disruptive. Poor memory, sensitivity to sensations, and speech problems are among the symptoms that are likely to interfere with your job.
If you cannot work for any period, you may:
- Lose income (including health and retirement benefits, bonuses, and tips)
- Lose earning power, which may be the result of reduced hours, diminished professional skills, or both
- Be unable to earn performance bonuses and promotions
- Lose the psychological and emotional fulfillment that work can provide
- Lose your ability to work entirely
There is a direct financial cost when you are unable to work. Our team will determine what that cost is.
Diagnosing and treating a TBI may require:
- Emergency care
- Computerized tomography (CT) scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- A brain pressure monitor
- Pain-relieving medication
- Long-term medical observation
Each brain injury that occurs in San Jose is different. Our attorneys will work with your doctors and our own medical professionals to understand your injury. The severity of your brain injury will be an important consideration in determining the cost of your medical care (and other damages).
Pain and Suffering
A brain injury’s psychological and emotional toll may be just as taxing as the physical symptoms, if not more so.
We will work with mental health professionals to assess and diagnose your pain and suffering, which may include:
- Physical pain caused by the brain injury
- Cognitive problems
- Emotional anguish and volatility
- Loss of the ability to exercise
- Loss of your social life
- Lost quality of life
- Sleep problems
Brain injury victims may need antidepressant medication to treat certain symptoms of the injury. You may need other treatments for pain and suffering. In extreme cases, you may need a personal attendant to live independently or need to move into a supervised living facility. We’ll include the cost of all necessary treatment in your case.
A Loved One’s Death
Brain injuries are sometimes fatal. This tragic outcome is one that our firm sees too often and one that demands justice.
If you lost a loved one because of a traumatic brain injury in San Jose, we’ll seek compensation for damages, including:
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of a parent’s guidance
- Loss of a spouse’s companionship
- Loss of the decedent’s income
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering (including your grief and any distress the decedent experienced before their passing)
- Loss of the decedent’s value to their household
The brain injury lawyers at Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP calculate each case individually. Nobody has experienced your damages but you. We will speak with you, consult experts, and ensure that we account for every injury-related damage you have suffered.
LEGAL SERVICES OUR TEAM WILL PROVIDE FOR YOUR BRAIN INJURY CASE IN SAN JOSE
From the moment you hire us to seek justice for your brain injury, we take complete ownership of the legal process. Our responsibilities in San Jose traumatic brain injury cases generally include:
Protecting You From Rights Violations
We will protect you from those who caused or have legal liability for your brain injury. Various parties, including insurance companies, may try to prevent you from getting the money you deserve.
We will protect you from these parties by:
- Handling all case-related communications: This will prevent anyone from coercing you into making a statement, misrepresenting your words, or badgering you to accept an unfair settlement.
- Helping you document your injuries: This will prevent any claims that your injury is not as serious as you claim or that your injury isn’t related to the liable party’s negligence.
- Advising you every step of the way: We are here to answer your questions and provide guidance. If you’re ever concerned that someone is trying to take advantage of you, we encourage you to come to us.
Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos stands between our clients and those who want to see their cases fail.
Documenting Your Injury and Other Damages
Your attorney will collect all relevant documentation of your brain injury and resulting damages.
Such documentation may include:
- Scans and other images of your brain
- Medical records and bills
- Testimony from experts
- Bills for all non-medical expenses related to your injury
- Proof of your inability to work, and the damages that have resulted
We will gather all available documentation.
Gathering Witness Accounts and Other Evidence of Negligence
We will conduct a detailed investigation into the circumstances that caused your brain injury. We’ll speak with any witnesses who saw the events that caused or led to your injury.
We may also gather:
- Any police report documenting the event(s) that caused your injury
- Any useful photographs or video footage
- Expert reconstructions of the event(s) that caused your brain injury
- Expert testimony about negligence that led to your brain injury
This evidence will be a key piece of settlement negotiations.
Completing the Administrative Features of Your Case
Our attorneys and paralegals handle every detail of your case. This includes paperwork, filing, fact-checking, and communications.
Fighting for a Fair Settlement
Your San Jose traumatic brain injury lawyer from Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP will represent you during settlement discussions. These negotiations are like second nature to our attorneys, as they are necessary in every case we handle.
Once we have determined the financial cost of your damages, we’ll hold fast to that calculation. You deserve a specific amount of compensation, and we won’t settle for less.
Completing Any Necessary Trial
Most civil cases involving personal injuries don’t go to trial. Most settle. However, our attorneys are determined to get the financial recovery you deserve. We won’t think twice if that mission requires us to go to trial.
What If I Choose Not to Hire a Lawyer for a Brain Injury Case?
If you choose not to retain a lawyer for your brain injury case, you’ll have to handle a potentially complex legal process without legal assistance.
The risks of trying a brain injury case without a lawyer include:
- Further health problems: If you fail to rest and recover as a doctor prescribes, you can suffer complications from your brain injury. Dealing with the demands of a legal case is generally not compatible with recovery from a brain injury.
- Further psychological and emotional distress: A brain injury may already make you prone to agitation. The complications and annoyances that can come from the legal process may be extremely distressing for you more distressing than they might be if you did not have a brain injury.
- Losing your case: If you cannot put forth a convincing case, negotiate effectively, or effectively manage other aspects of your case, you may lose. The consequences of losing can be financially devastating. This will likely mean you’ll pay out of your pocket for uninsured damages.
- Having to pay for case-related expenses: Whether you lose or win, going without a lawyer means paying out of your own pocket for the claim- or lawsuit-related expenses.
These risks are further reasons to hire Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos for your traumatic brain injury case in San Jose.
Call Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP Today for a Free Consultation
Contact our personal injury law firm as soon as possible, as we may face a filing deadline for your case. Our team will get to work as soon as possible to fight for justice following your traumatic brain injury.
We know the serious challenges these injuries can present. Contact us at Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP at (650) 345-8484 for your free consultation today.
Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLPAddress: 411 Borel Ave. #500,
San Mateo, CA 94402
Phone: (650) 419-0473
Fax: (650) 345-9875
Thank you so much for all of your legal help on my case. I’ve really enjoyed working with you and your professional team including Lisa and Mavis. I also appreciate your efforts in reaching a settlement on my behalf. I will definitely refer my clients and friends to your firm they are in need of legal representation in the future. Regards.- ADRIAN C.