Negligence by nursing home employees and administrators puts lives a risk. Residents need a basic level of care, and employees of nursing homes must provide that care—period. If your loved one is the victim of nursing home negligence in San Jose, the attorneys at Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos will work to hold liable parties accountable.
A San Jose nursing home negligence lawyer from our firm will seek compensation for pain and suffering, medical costs, and any other damages your loved one has suffered. Our firm has a record of significant case results, a familiarity with nursing home cases, and a passion for serving our clients.
- When Should Someone Hire a Nursing Home Negligence Lawyer in San Jose?
- Reasons to Hire a San Jose Nursing Home Negligence Lawyer From Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos
- How Nursing Home Negligence Affects Victims and What Damages Victims Might Seek
- How Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos Will Fight for the Compensation Your Loved One Deserves
- Nursing Homes in San Jose Have Clear Standards of Care
- Call Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos Today for a Free Consultation About an Elder Neglect Case in San Jose
When Should Someone Hire a Nursing Home Negligence Lawyer in San Jose?
We often deal with younger individuals whose loved ones—parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles—have suffered negligence in a nursing home. Whether you are the victim of negligence or you’re acting on a loved one’s behalf, our team can help.
If you even suspect your loved one may be the victim of negligence, contact our team.
Someone experiencing nursing home negligence may:
- Have a disheveled appearance: When an elderly nursing home resident is not receiving the care they need, their appearance may show it. Messy hair, facial stubble, and dirty clothing may indicate a larger pattern of neglect.
- Dehydrate: Nursing home residents need regular hydration but cannot always get or drink water without assistance. Therefore, inattentive staff may cause a nursing home resident to become dehydrated. A dry mouth, dry skin, chronic fatigue, and dark urine can signal possible signs of dehydration.
- Appear malnourished: The nursing home may be neglectful if your loved one has lost weight or shows other signs of malnutrition. Nursing home employees must consistently provide food, help the resident eat, and show patience if a resident refuses to eat. Otherwise, malnutrition may occur.
- Have visible injuries: Pressure sores are injuries often associated with neglect. However, any visible injury can be a sign of neglect. Injuries can occur when nursing home staff fails to rotate a resident or does not provide mobility assistance when a resident needs it.
- Have recurring injuries: Injuries sometimes happen to nursing home residents, and not every injury indicates neglect—though every injury should pique your attention. Recurring injuries, though, are particularly concerning and may clearly indicate neglect.
Our nursing home abuse attorneys serving San Jose work with experts in nursing home abuse and neglect issues. Whether you know that your loved one suffered neglect or you merely have suspicions, our firm will get the answers you need.
Reasons to Hire a San Jose Nursing Home Negligence Lawyer From Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos
Neglect can kill a nursing home resident, so do not wait before hiring a lawyer from our firm.
In the short term, our team will:
- Ensure your loved one’s safety from ongoing neglect
- Investigate the potential neglect that your loved one has suffered
- Inform you of our findings
- Explain your options for holding a liable nursing home responsible for its negligence
We will then pursue a negligence lawsuit or claim against the liable facility and any other liable parties.
Our clients choose Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos because our legal team has recovered millions of dollars in cash settlements and verdicts for clients. We intend to get fair compensation for every client we represent, including victims of elder neglect in San Jose.
Before you hire a law firm, you should review its case results. These results demonstrate that your chosen law firm can deliver when it comes time to negotiate a settlement or complete a trial.
We Have Extensive Experience Leading Elder Neglect Cases
Elder abuse and neglect cases come with unique challenges. Our team has successfully represented many victims of neglect (and their loved ones). We have developed effective strategies for leading cases like yours.
Experience can be an asset in elder neglect cases. Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos has plenty of experience to rely on as we seek compensation for you.
Our Team Has Roots in San Jose, So We Are Familiar With Completing Cases in Your Jurisdiction
With multiple offices close to San Jose, we will provide in-person representation. Our closeness to San Jose also allows us to investigate the facility where your loved one suffered neglect.
As a firm rooted in the San Jose area, we feel an obligation to get justice for victims of elder neglect. We believe that by holding negligent facilities responsible, we encourage other facilities to provide proper care for their residents.
Our Clients Are the Priority
Our law firm places the client’s interests first. This is the promise we make when we accept your case.
Being the priority means:
- Receiving respect and compassion every time you interact with Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos representatives
- Receiving regular case updates
- Receiving clear, honest advice about your case
- Having a primary say in how we resolve your case, whether it means accepting a settlement or going to court
We will inform you when the liable parties offer a settlement. At the same time, we’ll advise you about whether a settlement offer is fair.
We Don’t Hesitate to Go to Trial
Our firm isn’t interested in any lowball settlements. If you don’t receive an offer that covers your loved one’s current and future damages, we’ll gear up for a trial.
You’ll notice that our firm’s case results include jury verdicts. These are cases where liable parties refused to pay our client fairly, so we went to court and won the amount our clients deserved.
When you hire a San Jose nursing home negligence lawyer from Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, you get a dedicated legal team to fight for every dollar you deserve.
How Nursing Home Negligence Affects Victims and What Damages Victims Might Seek
The effects of nursing home negligence can be financial, psychological, physical, and harmful in other ways. Each neglected person has a unique response to the mistreatment. It is our firm’s goal to determine exactly how neglect has affected you or your loved one.
Neglect may cause:
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering are inevitable when nursing home staff neglects residents.
TPain and suffering associated with elder neglect may include:
- Physical pain
- Fear and other types of psychological distress
- Emotional anguish
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Lost quality of life
- Other psychological and emotional conditions
Neglect may deprive an elderly person of their sense of security and safety. Our attorneys will work with qualified professionals to diagnose your loved one’s pain and suffering.
If your loved one chooses to leave the facility where they suffered neglect, the liable facility should cover relocation costs. This may include the cost of a moving service, enrollment costs at a new facility, and the cost of your loved one’s transport to the new location.
Neglect can cause open wounds, infection, and other conditions that require medical care.
Such care may include:
- Diagnostic procedures
- Emergency treatment
- Follow-up appointments
Your elder neglect lawyer from Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos will seek fair compensation for any medical costs resulting from neglect.
Mental Health Treatment Expenses
Neglect victims who need treatment for psychological and emotional trauma may undergo therapy or counseling. They may need medication to address symptoms of neglect. If your loved one requires these or other treatments for trauma, we’ll include all related costs in their case.
If injuries or trauma created by neglect prove disabling, your loved one may need:
- Medical equipment
- Part- or full-time care
- Ongoing medical observation
- Other accommodations related to their disability
The pain and suffering of neglect may also become greater when the victim suffers disabling injuries.
A Wrongful Death
Severe cases of neglect can be fatal.
If you have lost a loved one because of nursing home staffers’ failures, you may deserve compensation for:
- Your pain and suffering, including grief
- The decedent’s pain and suffering
- Funeral costs
- Loss of the emotional and psychological benefits your loved one provided
We extend our condolences if you are the victim of a wrongful death. Our team will seek complete accountability from anyone or any institution contributing to your loved one’s passing.
How Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos Will Fight for the Compensation Your Loved One Deserves
Our attorneys handle our elder neglect cases in San Jose from start to finish. We intend for you to proceed as if there is no legal case occurring—that is the extent to which we manage our cases.
We will assist you through the legal process by:
Pinpointing How Nursing Home Staff Neglected Your Loved One
Every victim of elder neglect deserves to have their story told.
Our team can determine exactly how your loved one suffered neglect in their nursing home and may do so using:
- Your loved one’s account of negligence
- Records from the nursing home
- Expert testimony about evidence of neglect
- Witness accounts of neglect
- Any other evidence suggesting nursing home staff failed to provide proper care to your loved one
We will get evidence of neglect without requiring your loved one to re-experience any traumatic memories.
Documenting Damages from Nursing Home Neglect
We will get documentation of every damage your loved one has suffered.
Relevant documentation may include:
- Photographs and images of your loved one’s injuries
- Medical records
- Medical bills
- Invoices for relocation expenses
- Invoices for medications, psychological counseling, and other treatment for pain and suffering
- Expert testimony about your loved one’s damages
Our lawyers have built many cases for our clients. We understand what types of documentation can be most effective when seeking a settlement or verdict.
Calculating the Cost of Your Loved One’s Neglect-Related Damages
Our firm will determine the total cost of your loved one’s damages. This includes any damages that haven’t yet occurred.
For example, some of our clients continue to experience symptoms of neglect. We will work with medical professionals, mental health experts, and other qualified parties to value future damages.
Leading Settlement Negotiations With the Liable Nursing Home
Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos will represent your loved one in settlement negotiations. These negotiations will be our first chance to resolve your loved one’s case, and we’ll demand the entire settlement your loved one deserves.
We will explain our calculations and stand firm behind the value we reach for your case. If the liable parties do not agree to pay you what you deserve, we will continue to provide evidence to support your demands and negotiate maximum compensation.
Completing Any Necessary Trial
Trial remains an option that our firm is willing to utilize. If we exhaust settlement negotiations, but liable parties still don’t offer a fair settlement, we will proceed to trial.
Nursing Homes in San Jose Have Clear Standards of Care
When a nursing home admits a resident, its employees accept a great responsibility. At the very least, administrators and caregivers must attend to a resident’s needs. Failing to meet these minimum caregiving standards, including instances of Nursing Home Uninvestigated.
Several failures by nursing home administrators and caregivers may contribute to neglect, including:
- Understaffing: This is a common problem among nursing homes. Facilities may reduce their costs by reducing staff, and this puts residents at direct risk. With fewer staffers on duty, residents often receive less attention.
- Hiring unqualified staffers: Nursing homes must vet prospective employees to ensure that they are qualified and compassionate.
- Failing to monitor staffers: Sometimes unqualified, undermotivated, or otherwise unfit staffers slip through the hiring process. Nursing home administrators must monitor staffers to ensure residents are receiving adequate care.
- Failing to terminate unfit staffers: If a staffer shows a disregard for residents’ safety, a nursing home has a responsibility to discipline them.
Nursing home leadership must take reasonable steps to protect residents at all times.
Call Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos Today for a Free Consultation About an Elder Neglect Case in San Jose
Neglect requires accountability. A San Jose nursing home neglect attorney from Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos will work to hold liable parties accountable for your loved one’s damages.
Don’t wait to retain our personal injury law firm in san jose, as we may have a deadline for filing your case. Contact us at Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos today at (650) 419-0473 for your free consultation.
GALINE, FRYE, FITTING & FRANGOS, LLP - SAN MATEO OFFICE
Thank you so much for all of your legal help on my case. I’ve really enjoyed working with you and your professional team including Lisa and Mavis. I also appreciate your efforts in reaching a settlement on my behalf. I will definitely refer my clients and friends to your firm they are in need of legal representation in the future. Regards.- ADRIAN C.