If you suffered injuries during a construction accident in Santa Barbara, hiring an attorney can lead to the financial recovery you deserve.
In most cases, an ordinary workplace accident involving your employer can allow you to collect workers’ compensation without regard for fault.
But construction sites can employ plumbers and pipefitters, electricians, laborers, teamsters, carpenters, and steelworkers employed by many other contractors. If someone other than your employer or a coworker contributed to your injuries something we frequently find in construction accidents you can seek compensation from a third-party liability claim.
This can mean substantially more money than a workers’ comp claim will pay, including for pain and suffering and other non-economic damages. The increased compensation from third-party liability claims can allowing you to make a faster, more complete recovery by fully treating your injuries.
Our Santa Barbara construction accident lawyers at Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP knows how to identify and seek compensation from any third parties who caused your Santa Barbara construction accident accident.
Our Santa Barbara construction accident attorneys regularly represent construction workers and individuals injured at construction scenes. We know the construction industry, its hazards, and where to look for liability. This allows us to determine the full cost of your accident-related damages and demand that all of the liable parties compensate you fairly.
- Reasons to Hire Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP for a Construction Accident Case in Santa Barbara
- How Can a Construction Accident Lawyer from Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos Assist Me?
- Construction Accident-Related Damages We Will Seek Compensation For
- HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE A CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENT CASE IN SANTA BARBARA?
- Common Hazards That Can Cause Construction Accidents in Santa Barbara
- Call Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP Today for Your Free Consultation
Reasons to Hire Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP for a Construction Accident Case in Santa Barbara
We find that construction workers do not always know their legal options after an accident. The same is true of those who do not work construction but suffer an injury on or near a construction site in Santa Barbara.
Our attorneys serving Santa Barbara will ensure that you know your options. Filing a lawsuit may be one of those options.
Our clients trust us to represent them after a construction accident because:
- We have decades of legal experience to draw upon: Our attorneys have more than 75 years of combined legal service. Because we have been representing accident victims like you for decades, we have a firm grasp of the law, legal challenges, and best practices in construction accident cases.
- We have an office in Santa Barbara: Our attorneys can visit your accident scene, meet with you in person, and handle your case as efficiently as possible. We are a local firm with big-firm resources, and this may greatly benefit your case.
- Our former clients recommend us: A law firm can make promises, but you must also pay attention to the words of former clients. Our client testimonials align with our pledge to fight for the compensation you deserve and to always treat you with respect.
- Our case results speak for themselves: Our notable settlements and verdicts include recoveries of $10 million, $4.6 million, and $4.55 million. These are just a few examples of the many recoveries we have secured for our clients.
- We always fight for every dollar the client deserves: No matter which specific strategy we employ, the goal in every case is the same. We will do everything in our power to get the compensation you deserve for your construction accident in Santa Barbara.
When you need a lawyer to seek the compensation you deserve in Santa Barbara, choose Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP. We won’t let you down.
What Happens if a Construction Accident Victim Doesn’t Hire a Lawyer?
If you seek compensation for injuries but don’t hire a lawyer to help, you:
- May face the full cost of completing a lawsuit on your own
- Cannot rest and recover to the degree that a doctor recommends
- Must learn complex legal concepts and practices in a relatively short period—all while balancing the other demands of your life
- May fail to get the compensation you need to pay for the treatments your injuries require to heal
Our firm is dedicated to helping construction accident victims. We will cover the financial cost of your case, and we won’t spare any expense in building that case. We have a deep understanding of legal strategies and practices, and we’re familiar with the legal system in Santa Barbara.
Focus on your recovery. Let us work for you.
How Can a Construction Accident Lawyer from Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos Assist Me?
We are a full-service law firm that completes every step of our client’s cases. Our team will ask you to explain the details of your accident, explain the damages you’ve suffered, and provide any relevant documentation that you already have. Expect us to complete every other detail of your case.
We generally help construction accident victims in Santa Barbara by:
- Collecting evidence from the construction accident: Our attorneys and investigators can visit the scene of the construction accident, documenting conditions that are relevant to your case. We will also get any incident reports, witness accounts, and expert testimony that will benefit your case.
- Document your injuries and related damages: We’ll collect images of your injuries, medical records and bills, proof of your inability to work (and lost income), and any other documentation of your damages.
- Calculating a settlement figure: We will account for your existing and future damages to calculate the cost of a fair settlement. Our attorneys can even calculate non-economic damages, like pain and suffering, using established legal methods.
- Protecting your rights: Every construction accident case faces potential threats. As lawyers, we can quickly recognize and neutralize these threats. Whether it is an insurance company pressuring you to give a statement, or your own temptation to speak with a liable party, we’ll actively protect you from anything that can jeopardize your financial recovery.
- Completing settlement negotiations: Settling is a viable option for many construction accident victims. However, we don’t advise clients to settle unless the settlement amount covers all of their accident-related damages. We’ll work hard to convince liable parties to offer a fair settlement.
- Completing any necessary trial: The attorneys at Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos are trial attorneys. We know how to complete a construction accident case in the courtroom, if necessary.
We generally aim to get the compensation you deserve through a settlement. This is the most efficient way to get a client the money they need and deserve. We’ll monitor the progress of your case and advise you every step of the way.
We Get No Fee Unless We Win for You
Our team wants our clients to be in a better financial position when we finish with their cases. We developed our fee structure with this goal in mind.
When you hire us for your construction accident case in Santa Barbara, you:
- Pay no upfront fee
- Pay no case-related expenses
- Do not pay us directly for our effort and financial support
- Pay us nothing until we win for you
If we don’t get the settlement or judgment that we seek, you don’t pay anything. Even if we do win for you, our fee does not come from you. Instead, we get a percentage of your settlement or verdict, and you will be fully aware of that percentage amount.
Hiring an attorney should not be a source of financial stress. With Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP, it won’t be.
Construction Accident-Related Damages We Will Seek Compensation For
You can suffer serious injuries at a construction site. Our firm will identify and value each of your accident-related damages, which may include:
Pain and Suffering
Anytime someone suffers an injury, they experience pain and suffering.
California’s civil code allows you to seek compensation for your pain and suffering, which may include:
- Physical pain from your injuries
- Emotional distress
- Psychological problems, including depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and thoughts of self-harm
- Lost quality of life
- Inability to sleep as you normally do
- Loss of cognitive or physical function
Researchers have noted an increased risk of PTSD among those with work-related injuries. Our team has handled enough construction accident cases to know that if you are a victim of a construction accident, you’ve almost certainly experienced pain and suffering.
Your attorney serving Santa Barbara will name all of your accident-related medical expenses as recoverable damages.
Such expenses may result from:
- Emergency medical transport
- Imaging your injuries
- Emergency care
- Any other medical services
If you have long-lasting symptoms, you may need at-home caregiving services and medical equipment. The cost of medical care can add up quickly, so we’ll work to get you reimbursement as quickly as we can.
Whether you are a construction worker or a non-worker injured at a site, you may lose income because of your accident.
If your injuries prevent you from working or limit your working ability, you may also lose:
- Current and future earning power
- The potential of earning promotions and bonuses
- The joy that you get from your job
- Standing with your employer
Our team will determine the professional cost of your construction accident in Santa Barbara.
A Wrongful Death
If your loved one passes away from injuries caused by a construction accident, we will seek a financial recovery that reflects the magnitude of your loss.
We’ll show you the utmost compassion as we seek compensation for:
- The decedent’s pain and suffering
- Your pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of parental guidance
- Grief counseling, medications, and any other treatments for psychological and emotional hardship
- Lost financial support
While nothing can bring back a lost loved one, our firm prides itself on getting justice for surviving loved ones. Nothing is more important to us.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE A CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENT CASE IN SANTA BARBARA?
You generally have a construction accident case if a third party did something negligent, and their negligence caused you harm. Negligence is typically not an intentional act, but an act that a reasonable person would not engage in.
The California Labor Code notes several measures that parties can take to avoid construction accidents. While many of these measures pertain to employers, they may also apply to third parties that may be defendants in lawsuits. We will compare the events that led to your accident to “reasonable” standards.
If someone put you in harm’s way because they acted negligently (or failed to take precautionary measures), you can sue them for the damages you’ve suffered.
Common Hazards That Can Cause Construction Accidents in Santa Barbara
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) lists several sources of danger for those on a construction site, including:
- Faulty scaffolding
- Faulty ladders
- Toxic materials (and faulty equipment to prevent someone from inhaling or contacting toxic materials)
- Faulty fall-prevention mechanisms
- Dangerous energy sources (which may cause electrocution)
- Defective eye and face protection
- Dangerous motor vehicles
- Defective industrial machinery
While OSHA lists many of these as general hazards on a construction site, third parties are often liable when they produce or sell defective items.
When a manufacturer or seller of construction- or safety-specific equipment does not properly test or recall its equipment, resulting events may include:
- Collapses that lead to crushing injuries
- Burns, infections, and other results of ineffective safety equipment
- Rollover injuries
- Other dangerous events that can lead to injury and illness
It is not always obvious that machinery is defective. The line between a dangerous product and the unsafe operation of a product can be thin. Fortunately, the attorneys at Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP have extensive experience with construction accident cases.
We Will Determine Who Is Liable for Your Accident
Our team follows a repeatable framework for determining liability in construction accident cases.
Someone is typically liable for a construction accident if:
- They owed you a duty of care: Most parties owe others a duty of care, which requires them to act reasonably in a given circumstance.
- They violated their duty of care: If a party acted unreasonably, perhaps by producing unsafe equipment, they violated their duty of care.
- Their violation of the duty of care caused your accident: We can prove this during the course of your lawsuit.
- Your accident harmed you: We can prove this by showing the damages that have resulted from your construction accident.
You don’t have to worry about this if you hire Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP, for your construction accident case in Santa Barbara. We’ll make a comprehensive case that you deserve compensation for your damages.
Call Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP Today for Your Free Consultation
Do not wait to get legal help after a construction accident in Santa Barbara. A Santa Barbara personal injury law firm is ready to assist you right now, and we may face a filing deadline for your case. We regularly handle complex third-party injury claims stemming from construction accidents, and we are ready to help you seek compensation for your losses.
Contact us at Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP today at (650) 345-8484 for your free consultation.
SANTA BARBARA OFFICE
Address: 1020 State Street #107,
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Thank you so much for all of your legal help on my case. I’ve really enjoyed working with you and your professional team including Lisa and Mavis. I also appreciate your efforts in reaching a settlement on my behalf. I will definitely refer my clients and friends to your firm they are in need of legal representation in the future. Regards.- ADRIAN C.