The loss of a loved one rivals every other hardship that humans face. Our firm extends its heartfelt condolences to you and your loved ones, and we want to help you as only a law firm can. We will seek a financial recovery for you.
While money won’t bring back a loved one, financial relief can be beneficial following a wrongful death. A Santa Barbara wrongful death lawyer from Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP can lead your case with the utmost sensitivity and respect for your loss.
- Why Those Who Have Lost a Loved One May Pursue a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- Reasons to Hire Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP for Your Wrongful Death Case in Santa Barbara
- WHAT DAMAGES SHOULD SURVIVING LOVED ONES IN SANTA BARBARA GET COMPENSATION FOR?
- Services Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP Will Provide for Your Wrongful Death Case in Santa Barbara
- Call Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP Today for Your Free Consultation
Why Those Who Have Lost a Loved One May Pursue a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Those who pursue a wrongful death lawsuit may have multiple reasons for doing so, including:
- Getting justice for a fallen loved one
- Holding negligent parties accountable for actions that caused the wrongful death
- Getting compensation to help with financial and non-financial damages
Only the decedent’s personal representative can file a wrongful death claim.
However, relatives may be the beneficiaries of a wrongful death lawsuit or survival claim, including:
- A spouse
- Other relatives
The attorneys at Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP will answer any questions about pursuing a wrongful death case. Our team in Santa Barbara frequently represents victims of wrongful deaths, so we have a firm understanding of legal processes.
How Our Firm Handles Wrongful Death Cases with the Greatest Sensitivity
Wrongful death cases are not like any other. We understand that those who have lost a loved one, often unexpectedly, don’t generally want to take legal action. They have to take legal action, usually because their loved one’s passing has caused substantial harm.
Our attorneys will handle your wrongful death case in the only manner we know-how, which includes:
- Protecting you from the details of the legal process: You have lived through your loved one’s passing, and there is no reason to relive it. Unless you want to be involved in your loved one’s case, our team will protect you from the details of the legal process.
- Maintaining your privacy: We will handle your case with discretion and privacy. This means giving you your space to grieve and also discreetly handling your case.
- Respecting your loved one’s memory: The manner in which we lead your case will reflect our respect for your loved one’s memory. While your case will be a legal fight, we will handle the process dignifiedly.
- Fighting with a tenacity that your loved one deserves: Considering what you have lost, you deserve a law firm that will demand the full financial recovery you deserve. That is what a wrongful death lawyer from Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP will do.
Our attorneys have more than 75 years of combined legal experience. When handling a case with consequences that yours has, this degree of experience matters. We are also familiar with Santa Barbara, as we maintain offices there and are very familiar with its courts, local regulations, and other relevant considerations.
Reasons to Hire Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP for Your Wrongful Death Case in Santa Barbara
Our law firm has a proven ability to secure financial recoveries for our clients. We have also received praise from former clients, who appreciate the compassion and competence with which we handle each case.
We can identify several specific reasons to hire our firm for your wrongful death case in Santa Barbara, including:
- Our versatile team of dedicated attorneys: Our lawyers have roots in California, so we feel a personal duty to help wrongful death victims get justice. Our attorneys also have extensive and varied experience, so we’ll assign you the lawyer we believe is best suited for your case.
- Our familiarity with wrongful death cases: From calculating the cost of losing a loved one to negotiating with liable parties, each step in a wrongful death case is unique. Our team is intimately familiar with this case type, so we won’t be caught off guard by any challenges that arise during your case.
- Our willingness to present (and pay for) the strongest possible case: Law firms have great leeway to determine the strength of their case. Professionals, reconstructions, tests, and exhibits can improve a case, but these things cost money. Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP presents the strongest case we can, no matter the cost to our firm.
- Our fee structure protects you from out-of-pocket expenses: You won’t pay our firm anything when you hire us. If we get a settlement or judgment for you, our team will receive a percentage of the recovery. However, if you do not get compensation, we don’t either.
It is our honor to help those who have lost a loved one. If we can help those who have suffered such a significant loss, it’s our duty to do so. A Santa Barbara wrongful death lawyer from Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP will make your case their personal mission.
The Pain and Suffering of Everyone Affected by the Wrongful Death
In wrongful death cases, we consider the impact on the decedent and surviving loved ones. The decedent may have experienced physical pain, distress, and other types of pain and suffering before their passing. You and other surviving loved ones may experience grief, depression, and other forms of pain and suffering, too.
Such non-economic damages are essential in wrongful death cases. The loss of a loved one cannot be adequately captured through economic damages, so pain and suffering allow us to reflect on the magnitude of your loss.
Lost Financial Support
When a decedent has dependents, their loss may cause significant financial stress on surviving loved ones.
You may recover compensation for:
- The loss of the decedent’s income, which we will project through retirement age
- The loss of the decedent’s employment-related benefits, including but not limited to health insurance
- The loss of household services the decedent provided, including handiwork, accounting services, and other contributions for which you may now need a professional’s assistance
While money is often far from a surviving loved one’s mind, it is our duty to consider such economic damages.
Loss of Non-Economic Benefits the Decedent Provided
Depending on your relationship with the decedent, their loss may have caused:
- Lost spousal companionship
- Lost parental guidance
- Loss of other psychological and emotional benefits the decedent provided others
You’ve lost a loved one, a person with unique traits. We’ll ensure that your wrongful death lawsuit in Santa Barbara reflects this.
Property Damage, Medical Costs, Funeral Expenses, and Other Costs Associated With the Wrongful Death
We will evaluate the circumstances of your loved one’s death, identifying every economic and non-economic cost associated with their passing.
We may find several financial damages that entitle you to compensation, possibly including:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Damage to property (including a vehicle, in motor vehicle accident-related cases)
- Medical expenses for emergency and end-of-life care
Each wrongful death case is unique. We’ll identify and seek compensation for all of your recoverable damages.
Services Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP Will Provide for Your Wrongful Death Case in Santa Barbara
Our firm will lead your wrongful death case from start to finish.
You can focus on your psychological and emotional health while our team:
- Establishes liability: We will determine who is legally responsible for your loved one’s passing. We may identify multiple defendants to name in your wrongful death suit, depending on the circumstances.
- Documents damages: We will gather documentation—including medical records, relevant witness testimony, professional testimony, and more—to prove the nature of your damages.
- Collects evidence: Our attorneys and investigators will quickly collect any relevant evidence to your case. Consider that some evidence may not be available for long. This is why we encourage you to retain our firm as soon as possible.
- Negotiates a settlement: We will deal with representatives for liable parties. Our team will present its calculation of your damages, relevant evidence, and documentation of your damages. We will demand a fair settlement.
- Completes any necessary trial: If we do not settle your case, we will consider trial as a means of resolving your case.
We will do everything your case requires and complete each step to the greatest of our abilities.
Call Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP Today for Your Free Consultation
Call our team as soon as possible. CCP § 335.1 generally requires that we file a wrongful death case within two years of the decedent’s passing. However, call our team even if two years have passed since your loved one’s death, as we may still file your case.
Contact us at Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP today at (650) 345-8484 for a free consultation. A Santa Barbara wrongful death lawyer from our firm is ready to fight for you, so reach out as soon as possible.
SANTA BARBARA OFFICE
Thank you so much for all of your legal help on my case. I’ve really enjoyed working with you and your professional team including Lisa and Mavis. I also appreciate your efforts in reaching a settlement on my behalf. I will definitely refer my clients and friends to your firm they are in need of legal representation in the future. Regards.- ADRIAN C.