People are constantly walking along the streets of Santa Barbara. Whether you are exploring the downtown stores and restaurants on State Street or heading to the beach, the lovely climate invites you to travel on foot. Anytime you walk near traffic, you are at risk of getting hit by a driver.
A collision between a motor vehicle and a pedestrian is, in most cases, likely to cause severe injury or even death. If you or a loved one have suffered a pedestrian accident in Santa Barbara, you may get compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Liable parties often fight against paying what they owe. A Santa Barbara pedestrian accident lawyer from Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP will fight back, demanding the compensation you deserve.
- Why Hire Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP for a Pedestrian Accident Case in Santa Barbara?
- HOW OUR FIRM WILL SEEK JUSTICE IN YOUR PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT CASE
- Recoverable Damages for Victims of Pedestrian Accidents in Santa Barbara
- We May Face a Deadline for Filing Your Pedestrian Accident Case
- Call Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP Today for Your Free Consultation
Why Hire Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP for a Pedestrian Accident Case in Santa Barbara?
Pedestrian accident victims may be entitled to substantial compensation. Victims of pedestrian accidents collectively experience tens of billions of dollars in damages over their lifetime. At an individual level, the cost of your accident may be great.
You should choose a law firm that:
- Has successfully handled many pedestrian accident cases
- Has a team of attorneys that will work together on your case
- Has the financial resources to cover case-related expenses
- Has a stellar reputation among its former clients
You may also consider whether a law firm knows the area where your accident happened. A firm that has a physical presence in Santa Barbara can provide in-person legal services and may seamlessly investigate your accident and complete your case.
Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP regularly represents pedestrian accident victims. We have an office in Santa Barbara, have earned many positive testimonials from clients, and will put all of our resources into winning your case.
What to Expect When You Hire Us for Your Pedestrian Accident Case in Santa Barbara
Each of our clients receives attentive service and our firm’s best effort.
Should you hire us to manage your pedestrian accident case, you will:
- Know where your case stands at all times: We’ll meet with you to get your account of events and explain our plan for your case. Then we’ll handle the rest. As circumstances in your case change, we’ll contact you. We communicate proactively, so you’ll know where your case stands at all times.
- Realize that our firm cares about you: Our clients are more than the cases they bring to us. We take a human approach to pedestrian accident cases. From the way that we speak with you to the care that we show your case, you’ll know that our firm cares.
- Not worry about the cost of completing your case: Because our team will pay for all case-related expenses, you won’t have to worry about the cost of completing your case. We’ll pay fees of professional, filing expenses, and any other costs associated with your case.
- Have direct access to your attorney: The lawyer we assign to your case will be your lawyer. You will have their phone number, and they’ll be happy to speak with you whenever you need.
Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP will bring your pedestrian accident case to trial. Though we often settle our clients’ cases (rendering trial unnecessary), our attorneys will be ready for court if necessary in your case.
Identifying Those Who Owe You Compensation
We’ll diagnose liability for your pedestrian accident. Motorists are often responsible when they strike a pedestrian, but other circumstances can affect liability.
Potentially liable parties in a pedestrian accident case include:
- A motorist
- An employer whose employee struck the pedestrian
- The manufacturer of a defective vehicle or component
- A municipality responsible for dangerous road conditions
- Any other party with legal responsibility for a pedestrian collision
We’ll work with professionals to identify everyone who owes you compensation.
Collecting Relevant Evidence
Evidence can be critical to winning a pedestrian accident case.
We’ll work quickly to start a thorough investigation of your pedestrian, seeking evidence such as:
- Witness accounts
- Traffic camera footage
- Dash camera footage
- A police report detailing the accident
- A professional’s reconstruction of the accident
We will gather and preserve all evidence. We’ll use this evidence during settlement negotiations to prove that liable parties are responsible for your damages.
Documenting and Calculating Your Damages
Our team will work to prove the damages you’ve suffered because of your pedestrian accident. Medical records, medical bills, invoices for repairing or replacing damaged property, and testimony from mental health professionals may all be useful to your case.
We’ll also calculate the cost of your damages. Our team will ensure that the calculation is correct. By determining the exact cost of your damages, we’ll start off settlement negotiations on the proper footing.
Negotiating a Settlement
Once we determine who owes you money for your damages, we’ll start settlement negotiations. Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP puts significant work into calculating our clients’ damages. So, when we enter negotiations on your behalf, we will stand firm behind our settlement target.
Completing a Trial, If We Need To
We take cases to trial for several reasons. When liable parties do not offer the amount of compensation our client deserves, a trial may be our clearest option for seeking a fair financial recovery.
We’ll handle every step in your trial, including:
- Opening arguments
- Questioning witnesses
- Presenting evidence
- Closing arguments
Though we’re willing and can complete these steps for you, we’ll work to avoid the need for a trial by securing the settlement you are entitled to.
Our team will protect you throughout the legal process. We’ll deal with insurance companies, other lawyers, liable parties, and anyone else involved in your case. These parties may have bad intentions, and we’ll ensure they can’t compromise your financial recovery.
Recoverable Damages for Victims of Pedestrian Accidents in Santa Barbara
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that 55,000 pedestrians suffer injuries each year due to traffic accidents. Each one of those injuries, including yours, produces special damages.
Our team will investigate and document each of your recoverable damages, which may include:
Pain and Suffering
California’s civil courts allow you to seek compensation for non-economic damages.
Pain and suffering are the most common non-economic damage in pedestrian accident cases and may refer to:
- Physical pain
- Psychological trauma
- Emotional distress
- Lost quality of life
- Loss of cognitive abilities
- Loss of physical abilities
We may work with professionals in the mental health field to diagnose your pain and suffering. We’ll use their diagnoses, as well as records of related treatment, to prove your non-economic damages.
The force of a motor vehicle striking a pedestrian can break bones, cause brain injuries, and even affect internal organs.
Your accident-related healthcare expenses may be costly and can stem from:
- Ambulance transport
- Emergency medical services
- Medical imaging
- Medical equipment
We’ll account for every medical expense from the moment your accident happens to your final day of recovery. If you continue to experience medical symptoms as we complete your case, we’ll project the cost of your future medical services.
Injuries resulting from a pedestrian accident can cause victims to miss work. Lingering injuries may even cause you to stop working indefinitely.
Disruptions in your professional life can cause:
- Lost income
- Lost earning power
- Lost bonuses
- Lost promotion opportunities
- Lost benefits
- Loss of your professional goals and ambition
- Loss of fulfillment you get from your job
Our firm has seen the toll that traffic accidents can take on entrepreneurs, employees, and other professionals.
If you suffered damage to your phone or other property because of a pedestrian accident, we’ll work to cover the cost of repairs. Some property may sustain damage beyond repair, so we’ll work to have liable parties replace the property.
We May Face a Deadline for Filing Your Pedestrian Accident Case
CCP § 335.1 generally requires us to file pedestrian accident lawsuits within two years of the harmful incident. This means we must move forward with your case as soon as possible.
If it has been more than two years since your pedestrian accident in Santa Barbara, don’t worry. There are exceptions to the statute of limitations, and you may still be eligible to seek compensation.
Call Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP Today for Your Free Consultation
A Santa Barbara pedestrian accident lawyer from our personal injury law firm will fight for every dollar you deserve. The legal process can be complicated, and threats to your financial recovery will emerge. The Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP team will protect and advocate for you.
Time can fly following your accident. Our team is available around the clock to speak with you. Contact us at Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP today at (650) 345-8484 for your free consultation.
SANTA BARBARA OFFICE
Thank you so much for all of your legal help on my case. I’ve really enjoyed working with you and your professional team including Lisa and Mavis. I also appreciate your efforts in reaching a settlement on my behalf. I will definitely refer my clients and friends to your firm they are in need of legal representation in the future. Regards.- ADRIAN C.