Bicyclists in California have an expectation of safety, whether traveling on a bike path, in bike lanes, or when sharing the road with motor vehicles. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a bike accident anywhere in California, the legal team at Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP can seek fair compensation for your damages.
You may have medical bills, professional losses, pain and suffering, and other damages that entitle you to compensation. A California bicycle accident lawyer from our firm will fight for the entire financial recovery you deserve. Do not wait to learn more about how we can help.
- Why Bicycle Accident Victims Throughout California Choose Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos to Represent Them
- We Represent Surviving Victims of Fatal Bicycle Accidents in California
- How a Bicycle Accident Lawyer from Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos Will Fight for Your Financial Recovery
- Recoverable Damages for Bicycle Accident Victims
- We Have Seen How Motorist Negligence Contributes to Bicycle Accidents
- Call Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP Today for a Free Consultation About Your Bicycle Accident in California
Why Bicycle Accident Victims Throughout California Choose Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos to Represent Them
In representing many victims of negligence throughout the Golden State, we have found that bicycle accident victims:
- Are often reeling and recovering from substantial injuries, as the impact of a motor vehicle on a bicyclist’s body can be debilitating
- Are not typically lawyers and are unfamiliar with the insurance claims process and lawsuits
- Lack the time or energy to handle a bicycle accident case
- Do not always have the financial means to lead a bicycle accident case on their own
Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP addresses each of these challenges. We lead lawsuits and insurance claims in their entirety. We also have a fee structure that is financially friendly to clients, placing the cost of the case on us.
By hiring our team in California, you can focus on your recovery without distraction from your case.
More Reasons to Hire a Bicycle Accident Lawyer from Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP for Your California Bicycle Accident Case
There are general reasons to hire a bicycle accident lawyer, and there are reasons to hire our firm specifically.
Clients choose Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos to lead their bicycle accident cases because:
- We serve bicycle accident victims throughout the state of California: Our firm has physical offices throughout the state of California, including in San Francisco, San Mateo, and other locations. We are familiar with civil justice systems in several cities and are ready to lead your case no matter where in California your bike accident happened.
- We have extensive experience representing bicycle accident victims: Bicycle accident cases present unique considerations and challenges, including laws specific to biking in California. Our firm has knowledge of relevant laws and legal strategies. We’ve also worked with many experts who may be useful to your lawsuit or claim.
- Our case results testify to our effectiveness in high-stakes cases: Our attorneys have recovered settlements and verdicts of $4.5 million, $3.7 million, and $1 million in cases where liable parties initially offered our clients far less. Once we understand how much money you deserve for your bicycle accident, we won’t rest until we have secured that amount.
- Client service is a priority: Case results matter. Just as important, though, is the level of service our clients receive. You will receive personalized attention, regular case updates, and respect from our firm.
When you hire a lawyer from Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, you can close the book on your case. We will get your account of events and handle the rest. You should rest and recover; leave the legal fight to us.
We Represent Surviving Victims of Fatal Bicycle Accidents in California
Many of our bicycle accident clients have significant injuries, but they have survived. We determine the cost of their injuries and work to pave their path to recovery. In other cases, we tragically encounter clients who have lost a loved one because of a bicycle accident.
More than 1,000 bicyclists passed away in one recent year because of traffic accidents. Each of those accidents causes immense harm, and our firm works to get justice for surviving loved ones affected by fatal bicycle accidents.
How a Bicycle Accident Lawyer from Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos Will Fight for Your Financial Recovery
We develop a personalized legal strategy for each bicycle accident victim we represent. However, there are standard responsibilities we handle during each bike accident lawsuit and claim, including:
Securing Evidence of Liable Parties’ Negligence
Motorists and bicyclists in California have an obligation to share the road. When motorists fail to honor bicyclists’ right to be on the road, their negligence has catastrophic outcomes, including injuries and lives lost.
Our legal team will secure any evidence that proves the liable parties’ negligence, including:
- Video footage of the bicycle accident
- Witness accounts of the accident
- The police report from your accident
- Experts’ reconstruction of your accident
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Photographs of damage to your bicycle and any vehicles involved in the accident, which may help tell the story of the collision
Evidence varies from one case to the next. The team at Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP obtains all available evidence as we build the strongest case that we can.
Calculating the Cost of Your Damages
To fight for a fair settlement, we must know how much compensation you deserve. Our attorneys and experts will account for both existing and future damages to ensure our settlement target is accurate.
Calculating damages can be very difficult if you do not have a legal background and knowledge of the personal injury system.
Some challenges when calculating your damages include:
- Assigning monetary value to non-economic damages: What is the cost of pain and suffering? We use legally accepted methods for calculating the value of your pain and suffering.
- Projecting future damages: Some damages may not be resolved by the time we complete your case. Damages like chronic pain, lost income, and post-traumatic stress disorder may affect you for the foreseeable future. We work with experts to project the cost of your damages accurately.
We must calculate damages for every client we represent. This means that while calculating a fair settlement may be difficult for most, it is a habitual practice for our attorneys. By letting our firm calculate your damages, you’ll be certain that we’re fighting for the entire financial recovery you deserve.
Getting Documentation of Your Damages
Our legal team will secure any documentation proving your damages, which may include:
- Bills for accident-related medical care
- Images of injuries
- Doctors’ diagnoses
- Pay statements that indicate how much income you have lost because of your bicycle accident
- Invoices for bicycle repairs and the repair or replacement of other damaged property
- Bills for temporary transportation
Documenting damages is one of the first steps toward getting compensation for those damages.
Managing the Day-to-Day of Your Case
Bicycle accident claims and lawsuits require constant attention. While an accident victim may not have the time or energy to dedicate to their case, we do.
Our team will:
- Draft your claim or lawsuit
- File your case by the statute of limitations, which CCP § 335.1 dictates is generally two years for both personal injury and wrongful death cases
- Manage all communications with insurance companies, attorneys for liable parties, and others involved in your case
- Monitor the progress of your case, providing you updates when necessary
We have a team of attorneys and paralegals who work tirelessly to resolve cases. We want to get you compensation as soon as possible. The quicker you get paid, the sooner you can move on from your bicycle accident in California.
Retaining Experts to Supplement Our In-House Services
Though our attorneys have extensive experience and training, we know that experts can deliver immense value to a bicycle accident case.
We hire experts at no cost to you, and they may:
- Testify about who is liable for your accident
- Create a digital reconstruction of your accident
- Help us calculate the cost of your damages
- Assist in other ways
A good law firm knows its strengths. Bringing in experts to enhance your case even further may turn a strong case into an undeniable case.
Leading Settlement Negotiations
Our bicycle accident attorneys in South San Francisco lead settlement negotiations for our clients. Our investigation of your accident and documentation of your damages will all lead to settlement talks.
We stand behind our calculation of damages. Liable parties will likely resist paying what you owe, and we’re prepared to fight for the financial recovery you deserve.
Taking Your Bicycle Accident Case to Trial, If Necessary
We do not always take bicycle accident cases to court. When we do, though, we approach the trial like our firm’s existence depends on it.
Recoverable Damages for Bicycle Accident Victims
Accident victims suffer severe injuries even when they’re enclosed in a motor vehicle and protected by airbags and seatbelts. Bicyclists have no such protection, meaning that their risk of injury is unusually high when a vehicle strikes them.
Injuries from bicycle accidents can cause:
- Pain and suffering: Those involved in traffic accidents may suffer post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), acute and chronic pain, emotional anguish, psychological distress, anxiety, depression, and other problems. Our team will determine the cost of these non-economic damages and include them in your case.
- Medical expenses: Our attorneys will demand that liable parties cover all of your accident-related medical bills. If you have not recovered fully by the time we negotiate a settlement or go to trial, we will project the cost of future care.
- Professional harm: You may lose income, earning power, bonuses, benefits, and promotions because of a bicycle accident. This will translate into financial losses, and we’ll determine the cost of your professional damages.
- Expenses for mental health treatment: If you need medication, counseling, or other treatment for emotional or psychological symptoms of your accident, we’ll demand that liable parties cover the cost of your treatment.
A bicycle accident can even cause the loss of a loved one.
If you have lost a loved one from injuries they suffered during a bike accident, recoverable damages may include:
- Grief and other types of pain and suffering
- Any pain or suffering the decedent may have experienced before passing away
- Funeral costs
- Lost financial support
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of parental guidance
We extend our condolences if you have lost a loved one. We also extend an offer to seek justice for you.
Our Free Structure Protects Bicycle Accident Victims Financially
Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP has a fee structure that allows us to represent any bicycle accident victim in California who needs our help.
When you hire an attorney from our firm, you:
- Pay us nothing upfront
- Don’t pay for any case-related expenses
- Never pay us out of your own pocket
If we get a settlement or verdict, our firm will receive a percentage. You will be aware of this percentage share before hiring us, and our fee covers our costs for completing your case. We won’t receive a fee if we don’t get the compensation we seek for you.
This structure allows for your total financial protection. Our firm takes the financial risk, as we are confident we can get compensation for you and collect our free.
We Have Seen How Motorist Negligence Contributes to Bicycle Accidents
Though there are many potential causes of a bicycle accident, motorist negligence is a leading source of bicyclist injury and death.
Motorists pose an unacceptable risk to bicyclists when they:
- Drive drunk
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Drive while distracted
- Veer into the bicycle lane
- Fail to respect bicyclists’ right of way
Any motorist behavior that is considered dangerous poses a risk to bicyclists.
Other potential causes of bicycle accidents in California include:
- Vehicle malfunctions
- Bicycle malfunctions
- Dangerous road conditions
- Malfunctioning traffic signals
- Downed signage
Our firm will determine liability for your damages based on the unique facts of your accident.
Call Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos, LLP Today for a Free Consultation About Your Bicycle Accident in California
At the Personal injury law firm in California Our representatives will answer any questions you have. If you want our help, we will start the legal process today. Your consultation is free, and you are not obligated to hire a California bicycle accident lawyer just because you call.
Thank you so much for all of your legal help on my case. I’ve really enjoyed working with you and your professional team including Lisa and Mavis. I also appreciate your efforts in reaching a settlement on my behalf. I will definitely refer my clients and friends to your firm they are in need of legal representation in the future. Regards.- ADRIAN C.