If you or a loved one suffered a spinal cord injury in California, Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos can seek the compensation you deserve. Spinal cord injuries are among the most expensive ailments you can suffer, and our firm will demand that liable parties cover your injury-related damages.
Our firm handles a wide range of case types that relate to spinal cord injuries. We are proud of our record of securing large financial recoveries for clients. Let a California spinal cord injury attorney from Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos lead your case while you prioritize recovery.
- Why Those With Spinal Cord Injuries Hire Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos
- We Understand the Toll (and Cost) of Spinal Cord Injuries
- Recoverable Damages in California Spinal Cord Injury Cases
- Why Spinal Cord Injuries Happen in California
- What Our Firm Will Do for You
- Do Not Risk Your Health by Handling Your Case Alone
- Call Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos Today for Your Free Consultation
Why Those With Spinal Cord Injuries Hire Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos
You will find many reasons to hire your California spinal cord injury attorney from Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos:
- Our impressive track record in high-stakes cases: We have obtained large settlements and verdicts for our clients, including those with spinal cord injuries. This proves that we can get the job done in high-stakes cases.
- Our client-first legal approach: It is your case—we are merely leading it for you. While we will develop a case strategy and handle every duty for you, your lawyer will consult you about major case decisions. Your best interests are our primary concern.
- Our commitment to client satisfaction: Our team makes every effort to ensure your satisfaction. Service is in our firm’s DNA, and you will quickly notice our client-first approach. Expect frequent case updates, quick responses to your calls and emails, and a general sense that your case matters.
- Our willingness to go to trial: The cost of living with a spinal cord injury can top $1 million in the first year alone. Liable parties are not always willing to pay such a large sum to a spinal cord injury victim. Therefore, we prepare to take your case to trial if the liable parties will not offer a fair settlement.
- Our investment in (and familiarity with) California: Our law firm has offices in San Mateo, Santa Barbara, and Hayward. We are a law firm by Californians, for Californians (and visitors injured in California). We want a safer California, which is why we work so hard for spinal cord injury victims to get justice.
We believe that the client-lawyer partnership is critical to a case’s success. When you hire us, we pair you with the lawyer we believe is best suited to lead your spinal cord injury case. Your attorney will have handled cases like yours, and they will have the time and energy necessary to present a strong case.
Nobody Can Ignore Our Firm’s Case Results
Before you hire a law firm, you should review their case results. Our record of verdicts and settlements is our firm’s report card, and we have scored highly for our clients.
Some of our notable recoveries include:
- $10 million in a case of professional negligence
- $4.6 million in wrongful death cases (considering that spinal cord injuries can contribute to someone’s early death)
- $4.55 million in a boating accident case (boating accidents are one cause of spinal cord injuries)
- $1.65 million in a construction accident case (another potential cause of spinal cord injuries)
- $1.2 million in a motorcycle accident case
With each passing week, we add to our case results. You can ask us about recent results, as we may have recently recovered compensation for the victim of a spinal cord injury.
We Understand the Toll (and Cost) of Spinal Cord Injuries
We do not accept spinal cord injury cases lightly. Because we have represented many spinal cord injury victims, we understand how completely these injuries can disrupt your life.
Our firm will consider the full scope of your injuries, which may affect:
Your Physical Abilities
Spinal injuries can result in permanent paralysis affecting your limbs, torso, and possibly internal organs. Losing movement and sensory abilities in major areas of your body will completely change your life. You will require medical equipment and must relearn how to navigate your daily activities with drastic impairments.
Your Psychological Well-being
Suddenly facing a life-changing injury can significantly affect your mental health. We account for these kinds of effects when representing clients with spinal injuries. Your well-being is everything, and you deserve fair compensation for the lost quality of life you have suffered.
Your Financial Stability
A spinal injury can threaten your financial stability in several ways, including by:
- Causing medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, and other expenses
- Preventing you from working (potentially cutting off your only source of income)
- Threatening your ability to pay bills and support yourself
With financial instability comes stress and other consequences. We will consider your financial damages and related harm when building your case for compensation.
Recoverable Damages in California Spinal Cord Injury Cases
As your attorneys, we must categorize your damages into specific categories. Recoverable damages in your spinal cord injury case may include:
Pain and Suffering
We will consider all of the non-economic harm resulting from your spinal injury. In addition to the pain and suffering itself, we will demand that liable parties cover related treatment (such as therapy and medications).
If your spinal injury interferes with your work, you may lose:
- Performance bonuses
- Promotion opportunities
- Earning power
- The psychological benefits of working
Your spinal cord injury attorney will calculate these damages. If you are likely to suffer future professional damages, we will work with economists to project those costs and fight to recover them.
A spinal injury may require a host of medical services, including:
- Emergency transportation
- Emergency evaluation and treatment
- Multiple doctor appointments (possibly including specialist appointments)
We will calculate your medical expenses, as well as related costs like transportation to and from doctor appointments.
In addition to medical care, those with spinal injuries may need extensive rehabilitation, including:
- Physical therapy
- Psychological counseling
- Occupational therapy
We will consult doctors and mental health professionals to identify all treatments that can benefit you. We will determine the cost of these treatments and the period for which you are likely to need them.
Spinal injuries often cause long-term or lifelong disability.
This may require:
- In-home caregiving services
- Medical equipment, including but not limited to an electric wheelchair
- Ramps, handrails, and other disability-related home alterations
- Specialized equipment for one’s home
- A disability-equipped vehicle
We will include all injury-related expenses in your insurance claim or lawsuit.
A Loved One’s Death
If you have lost a loved one from fatal injuries, please accept the condolences of the entire team at Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos.
Our California wrongful death lawyers represent those affected by fatal spinal cord injuries and can seek compensation for:
- Loss of the decedent’s non-economic value (like spousal companionship and parental guidance)
- Your pain and suffering
- The decedent’s pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of the decedent’s income and household services
Each case presents us with different damages, and we will identify all types of harm resulting from your (or your loved one’s) spinal cord injury.
What Our Firm Will Do for You
Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos is a full-service law firm that will handle every aspect of your spinal cord injury case. While we need to evaluate your case and develop a personalized strategy, our responsibilities will likely include:
Securing Evidence as Quickly as Possible
We waste no time in gathering evidence, as some evidence may soon be unavailable.
The types of evidence we pursue will depend on how your spinal cord injury happened, but we may seek:
- Witness accounts of the event(s) that caused the injury
- Expert opinions about who is responsible for the injury
- Video footage of the event that caused the spinal injury
- Any other evidence that supports your case for compensation
Our attorneys and investigators will complete a comprehensive investigation, securing any evidence that is useful to your case in California.
Calculating the Cost of Your Damages
We consult economists, doctors, mental health professionals, and any other experts with insight into our clients’ damages. Such experts may help us identify and value your economic and non-economic damages.
Once we total the monetary value of your damages, we will know how much compensation you deserve through a settlement or verdict.
Securing Documentation of Your Damages
Documentation serves as proof of your damages and may include:
- Medical images (including X-rays) showing the nature of your injuries
- Medical bills
- Documentation of the time you have missed from work (and evidence of income you have lost as a consequence of unemployment)
- Expert testimony about your damages (such as a doctor’s diagnosis of your spinal cord injury)
- Invoices for all injury-related expenses
We will identify each of your damages and seek documentation proving the nature and cost of each one.
Leading Settlement Negotiations
Your attorney from Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos is responsible for your financial recovery. Settlement negotiations will be our first chance to secure money for you, and we will argue relentlessly for a fair settlement offer.
We will present evidence of liable parties’ negligence and documentation of your damages. If necessary, we will cite any insurance policies that prove you are entitled to compensation. We are seasoned negotiators who will demand the entire settlement you are entitled to.
Completing Any Necessary Trial
Though trials are not common in civil cases (including spinal cord injury cases), we prepare every case as if it will go to trial.
If those responsible for your or your loved one’s spinal cord injury will not offer a fair settlement, we will be ready for court. Before proceeding, we will discuss the merits and drawbacks of going to trial with you. You will have the final say of whether to accept a settlement or keep seeking more compensation at trial.
Overseeing All Case-Related Communications
We will manage every aspect of your case, including communications.
By overseeing every case-related phone call, email, and letter, we will:
- Prevent insurance companies from misrepresenting your words, pressuring you to accept a lowball settlement offer, or bothering you.
- Ensure that we are projecting a consistent message about our settlement demands.
- Ensure that all of our communications are accurate and complete.
- Maintain total control of your case, ensuring there are no delays, miscommunications, or errors.
When our firm accepts your case, we accept every responsibility that comes with it. You can rest and recover while Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos strive for the compensation you deserve.
Do Not Risk Your Health by Handling Your Case Alone
If you have yet to make up your mind about hiring a California spinal cord injury lawyer, consider the potential risks of leading your own case.
If you choose to handle your own spinal cord injury case, you may risk:
- Exacerbating your injuries due to stress and the physical demands of completing your case
- Becoming psychologically overwhelmed by the demands of your case
- Failing to build a successful case, as your attention and energy will be split between your case and your recovery
You must evaluate your circumstances. If you believe that a lawyer is better equipped to put forth a winning spinal cord injury case, consider hiring Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos.
Call Galine, Frye, Fitting & Frangos Today for Your Free Consultation
We may face a deadline for filing your spinal cord injury case in California. Do not wait to speak with us, as we also want to gather evidence as soon as possible.